Saturday, April 6, 2013

Black and White Inspirations

Today I was so inspired that I spent all day in my craftroom for Stamp Therapy. I made 13 scenic scenes today.  Here are just a few:             

This is a black and white photo that I took last week. The ice was breaking up from the lake gave me the inspiration for this scene in black and white. 
  
 
This is a composition I created for my first Craft A Scene Challenge. I recreated the scene again just with vellum and black ink. It really gives you a different perspective. I really love the absence of color.

Here is another composition I created with vellum and black ink


This is my scene I created for the challenge at Craft A Scene called Down On The Farm.
The scene is created with Stampscapes stamps and the geese are from Art impression.
My goal was to make a simplistic and clean scene with the absence of color. I really love how black and white images emphasises the depth, contrast and shadows in the images. You can really appreciate the details in the stamps~Enjoy!






12 comments:

  1. What a great day! Love your creations. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cabin with fence, Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good day! Great sceneries! Love the second and third best, just because I don´t see the water ever like in your first... They all are so great! warm greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your inspiration photos Deanna, and the black and white scenes are stunning. I would not have guessed that they were done on vellum. Again I love the your "Down on the farm" entry, it looks so good in the monotone colours. Thanks for taking part in Craft A Scene.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifil card have you made!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool technique Deanna! Love all three scenes. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful creations. Your farm scene is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic farm scene! Love the layout and the black and white.
    I see you watch the ice moving down the water too.
    Thanks for your visit and comments, really appreciate them.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is breathtaking. Such detail ~ barbs on the wire and wood grain on the old barn. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic!! Love them in just the black/white combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your scenes and black and white. Soooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your down on the farm scene - great composition and mounting :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.