Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Scallop Blossoms Cards



Oh! how I wish this was the scene outside my window instead of a snow storm. This is the beautiful inspiration photo at For Your Inspiration Challenge # 40. My inspiration was the color.  I love brown and pink color combination. The various colors of pinks are simply gorgeous and the scene is so clean. I started making a one layer card but the sentiment went on crooked. Which took me into another direction~ ENJOY!
I made a collage scene with various pink and browns inks. Matted white on white for a clean look. I was so excited to use Hero Arts Scallop Blossoms I bought last year and never used it. I added a scripted stamp from the Tim Holtz Urban Grunge Collection.


I was so excited to participated again in One Layer Wednesday's. I made a One Layer Birthday card using Hero Arts Scallop Blossoms, Stampendous Music Score, Art Impression sentiment,Urban Grunge Script and Memento Ink.

7 comments:

  1. The colours you used on both cards are beautiful! Good idea to use some sparkling accents on the first card! Hope you bare a little while with the cold and snow... Warm greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing cards Deanna, I love them both, the scalloped blossoms are a lovely looking stamp.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - those are amazing! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at For Your Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a snowstorm outside my window too!
    These cards are lovely and subtle with pretty images and colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Deanna! Thanks for joining us again at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Hope your snow goes soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Deanna. I really like the bits of sparkle on the first one. So glad you joined us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.