Monday, February 18, 2013

Let Your Light Shine

 
 Craft A Scene :Let your Light Shine

The challenge this month was to use a lighthouse as your main focus and to share how I am shining my light this month with my project.. 
My light comes from my faith of having accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. 
1 John 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleansed us from all sin.



Both of these cards were painted with distress ink in the form of a watercolor technique using a fine brush. The purple card has 2 stamps from Stampscapes- Lighthouse E and Cabin A.  Everything else was drawn and painted in. This card symbolizes a Beacon of Light in the Darkest Hours



Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven. 

9 comments:

  1. Wow both of these are amazing Deanna, I love your freehand drawing and the colours in them. Great sentiments too.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were willing to challenge yourself with this project and it came out beautifully! And you did it while watching tv! Even more impressive. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two a really great pieces of artwork Deanna, I particularly like the vibrance you created in the orange sky.

    Thanks so much sharing with us Craft a Scene challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you used! They are both great. Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very impressive cards, especially as you drew them out yourself. I do wish I had half that talent. Thank you for inspiring us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. two great scenes have you made. beautiful done!!
    I like the colours.
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanna, i have been missing on some of the most amazing creations on a blog...this is gorgeous and I love the one for your daughter's birthday...I will keep in touch...luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent cards! Fine sayings, I have written down them for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful scenes Deanna! I do like your water coloring technique. More than that I appreciate The Light that is shining through your blog. Thank you for joining us again this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.