Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tropical Stampscape Scene

School is open...YEA!  I can clean or create..CREATE it is!
 Last year was spent cleaning and organizing. The goal this year is to complete all unfinished projects. I had some extra cards and mats left over from my tropical class. I saw this inspiration picture and went to work. I forgot how much  fun this technique is to make with all the beautiful colors blended together. The orange, yellow, brown and black colors in this card were perfect for the challenge at FYI.
For Your Inspiration #38 


This inspiration photo  is such a beautiful masterpiece of nature. The beautiful contrast of dark curvy lines against the vibrant colors is amazing. My inspiration I found in the photo was the depth field it created with the limb in the foreground. The scene draws you in further to focus on the curved ground and limbs. I wanted my scene to focus on the light color shimmering on the ocean as the sun goes down and the birds fly away. ~ENJOY!

The background scene is composed of 4 colors from Adirondack Dye Ink: Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange, Mountain Rose and Hazelnut. The scene was stippled with a medium stipple brush working from light to dark ink.
055 F Ledge with Brush  was stamped first followed by Sm. Seaside Cove#308 G, 123 F Palm Stalks, Fond #2 & #3 and 302 A Gulls.
TIP: Always have a black marker available in case something doesn't stamp perfect to touch up.

14 comments:

  1. Oh yes, it would be create every time for me. I love the colors here and your wonderful layout makes for a great tropical scene. I wish I was there! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic card! Love the layout as well as the colors. Well done. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolute a dream, Deanne. I love every detail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also trying to finish off all the many unfinished projects asap. That card is totally stunning. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh - FAB.U.LOUS!!!! I love this card! Thanks for joinging in with FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow gorgeous sunset scene ! The colours compliment the inspiration photo perfectly ! Thanks for stopping by at my blog, have a great weekend, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW this is stunning Deanna. I love it, the colours are gorgeous and so warming to look at. Makes me wish that I was laying on the beach somewhere just like this.
    Thank you for your kind words left on my blog earlier.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! LOVE the beautiful silhouette stamping and your fiery sunset! Thanks for joining us at FYI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous scene! Awesome take on the photo. I totally agree about keeping a black marker handy:) Thanks for playing along at FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scene perfectly transfers atmosphere of exotic coast! Simply incredibly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came across your photo on the Stampscapes pinterest board and was blown away. I truly think this is one of the best tropical scenes I've seen yet. Your tree is full and stamped so perfectly - I'm in awe! I love all the pieces you used here, is that the seaside cove for the water? Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid. Yes the water is the sm seaside cove. I mask off the ends to get the center of the stamp only.

      Delete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.