Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pearl Earrings

 I came across a little bag with a broken necklace belonged to my husband's grandmother. It was going to be tossed while they were cleaning out her home. I made my daughter these earrings using some of the  pearls so she will have a keepsake from her Great Grandmother.
My inspiration:For Your Inspirations Challenge #37.   

Your probably wondering how this picture was my inspiration. If you look at the tower I was drawn in by the shape of it and the contrast of the color. I found a bead cap close to the shape and with the pearl it was perfect. The Ab Swarovski  Crystal on top reflects blues and greens when the light touches just right. The design was kept simple and elegant.~Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Deanna, I never would've thought about earrings but after you described what you saw in the photo I totally could understand why you chose those. Thanks for opening up my eyes to new possibilities when looking at the photos.

    Regina Hardy, DT
    http://cardsbyregina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a cool way of using our inspiration picture! LOVE pearls and these earrings are gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at FYI this time! :) I hope you have time to join us at Inkspirational and Technique Tuesday as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just sooo cool - love how you interpreted the sketch into earrings! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Deanna, these are great! And your explanation of the inspiration is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness those earrings are such a clever interpretation of the photo. How fun! So glad you joined us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These earrings are beautiful (and what a wonderful way to repurpose a keepsake). Thanks for playing along with us at For Your Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.