Friday, November 30, 2012

True Love

Anniversary of our first date..... One year he came home from work all happy with 12 long stem red roses and all I did was cry. Here is a glimpse of that moment. The kids were arguing over whose turn to watch their program on the TV. Our  puppy "Buddy" loved to chase the cat around the kitchen and I dropped the pot roast all over the floor as I tripped over the dog. Then my wonderful husband came through the door with roses and all I could say was "why did you spend money on flowers? He said " Happy Anniversary to the woman I  love and  met for the first time this very day 15 years ago".  Me being covered in pot roast juice and the animals eating dinner he gave me a kiss and I cried. Of course the kids came in the kitchen and thanked the animals for eating the "yucky" dinner.

 I remembered the date this year and will not look like a stressed women with day old life all over her~ENJOY!



I cut out a heart stencil with spellbinders and used it as a masked for my scene. I used distress ink and Stampscape Stamps. The sentiment stamps~true love: Studio 112 and the inside sentiment is:Penny Black. I wanted to add some ribbon or twine but decide to leave it simple.
.
The Challenge at One Layer Wednesday  is called Scene with Karen this week.    

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous card...so meaningful too.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the OLW this week.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and one good story to go with it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, and story line. Congratulations on having such a sweet thoughtful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, and what a wonderful husband you have xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very romantic and beautiful card! A magnificent composition!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.