Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ruffle Scarf and OLC

 Just love making these quick projects. It is a long strip of nylon material with holes.(knitting/hobby stores)   Material and knitting needles is all you need. Cast on 5- 7 of those holes and start knitting. Bringing the ribbon  from back to front while you knit and repeat. It took a little less than 3 hours to make. They make nice gifts and look great with your jacket.


CONFESSION:  I have to admit I didn't know what CAS was for the longest time. I just thought people were spelling the word CASE wrong. Months later I finally got it ~Clean and Simple...duh Deanna! I put the definition on my blog to remind me.
 I'm horrible with CAS cards because I never leave enough white space or over obsess when there is too much white space. I'm now realizing white space is a good thing and to stop over thinking it. I made the card in 10 minutes and I am pretty happy too how it turned out.
This card is made from Inkadinkado/Cloud 9 stamps, score board, Stickles, Distress Ink Markers and a Breath~ENJOY!
Card Entry: One Layer Wednesday 114: Christmas Thank You

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deanna ... thanks for your visit and lovely comment :) This is fabulous ... the scored lines give great definition and look at all that white space ... I love it! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Deanna - you packed a lot into a couple of paragraphs (I could learn from you!). I think that scarf is absolutely brilliant! I don't knit, but I think even I could do this. Just love the look of it so much.

    And your CAS, hello! You nailed it with all that white space, but yet put just enough dimension with the scoring and just enough texture with the bling to be perfect. I hope you continue to embrace the style as you have a talent for it!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.