Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wedding Dress

This dress is for CASology: White Challenge. I love to make dress cards. I have had tons of email how do I do it. Well it is very simple...There is no right or wrong way to make it. I use to make paper dresses for my paper dolls when I was little. I take a sheet a paper fold it in half and cut out a design and open it up. I then take the opened dress design and place on the front of the card. The top of the dress is placed on the fold. I trace it out and cut so I have a 2 dresses adhered at the top by the fold. . You can use anything from a stencil to die cut machine. It is all on what you have and keep it fun~ cut paper. Then the fun is all in the embellishment.



 This dress is kept very simple in design. I glued tulle and wrapped a ribbon around the waist. For the special sparkle to represent the beautiful bead work on wedding dresses, I added stickles under the dress and on the bodice. 
Just have fun and be creative. Have great weekend~ENJOY!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely sparkly dress! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology's White Cue Card. Don't go off the cliff! (but still have fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful dress with all the stickly sparkle is just stunning, Deanna! I hope you have a rewarding retreat and your camera works like magic! Be safe on the road you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress card - its gorgeous x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love all the sparkle.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... this is just gorgeous!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous little card! Love the tulle and the sparkles. Thanks for playing along with CaSology this week!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.