Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School

                                         
    GOOD-MORNING



I was so sentimental this morning I made this card in honor of  my kids first day of school.  I still can see them with their backpacks holding hands as we walked  to the bus stop.
I have a boy stamp too but couldn't find it this morning. Have a feeling Buddy is laying on it under the table. But I am not going to search for it right now. He looks too tired from getting everyone out the door this morning.
RECIPE:
I just love G Studio's scalloped card sets. I stamped this in Timber Brown Staz on
The portrait stamp with girl is from SU (forever young)
The sentiment is from Inkadinkado.
The color inside portrait is Distress Ink Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick.
The bow was colored with the worn lipstick ink.
The pink Gems were added for some sparkle and so was diamond stickles around frame~ENJOY!
Card Entries:

17 comments:

  1. A beautiful CAS card, Deanna. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful daughter and a beautiful card, Deanna, well done, :0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you made me tear up this morning, Deanna. Your daughter is so lovely and so grown up and your card is a perfect sentimental tribute to the occasion. Time, where the growth of children is concerned, is super sonic, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a classic beauty - love the shaped edge echoing the scrolls around the beautiful cameo. I'm sure your daughter will love this! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful, a lovely design. Clean and classic.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love card Deanna, the cameo is so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Deanna, very elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the shape of this CAS beauty! The stamp you used is beautiful! My children are still fairly young yet, but I keep thinking time is going way too fast for my liking!!! Sigh.
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card...the cameo is gorgeous and I love the font on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I meant to say enjoy your kids..they grow up so fast. I'm sure you do and I'm sure you're aware of that already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am enjoying watching them grow into young adults. Like Darnell said it is super sonic with their growth:)

      Delete
  11. what a lovely card!! the shape is so pretty... thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, love the text with it curls in it. Very beautiful picture of your daughter.
    Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous card
    Love how you have shaped the bottom

    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sweet image you used and the gorgeous decorative edge. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.