Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn Pumpkins

Autumn is the subject for the One layer Wednesday challenge this week and Less is More is to incorporate an oval into the design. I know I can combine the two.  Oh my brain is still in sleep mode.....I'll have to dig deeper in there and definitely add caffeine to the process.

 Okay!  Coffee is in hand and I am already.............still ready...........nothing! 

Well I have to gather some more info to ignite this brain today. Let's try the dictionary : 

Autumn:
 1. The season of the year between summer and winter, lasting from the autumnal equinox to the winter solstice and from September to December in the Northern Hemisphere; fall. 
2. A period of maturity verging on decline. 

Wow!!! way to deep for me this morning except.... I am relating to #2 the more I sit here at my desk and stare out the window....1/2 hour later....Oh....I am getting something pumpkins maybe?...or maybe I am just hungry and pumpkin bread sounds good with my coffee...oh I can't think anymore. Must rest brain too much strain. 

Two days have passed and I still have pumpkins on the mind. I just can't combined them into one card though not enough time and brain power  for that...Thank you logic!


So I made my favorite 3d oval pumpkin card and a One Layer Card.
        I just love to make this pumpkin card ~LOVE IT! 

Here is the recipe:
 The trick is oval spellbinders #4 and #5 if the largest Oval in the set is counted as #1 and so on.
 It is 3 (#4) ovals and 3 (#5) oval overlapped. I add some distress walnut brown around the edges of each. I add  reddish-orange Prisma watercolor pencils to small pumpkin for depth from the lg pumpkin. Then I ground it with green and stamped Hero Arts wavy season sentiment in Timber Brown Staz On. Cut stem from scraps.

I borrowed the Pumpkin and Autumn stamps from 1-800-mom-stash. She had tons of autumn stamps. I used prismacolor pencils and h20 for it to blend. I have no idea what this whole set is from thinking maybe Inkadinkado?

Thank you for stopping by and visiting~ENJOY!

These are for card entries:
One Layer Wednesday 105: Autumn
LIM theme week 85: Ovals


6 comments:

  1. What a peaceful blog you have. I love your pumpkin cards, they are colored so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've seen a few pumpkins this week
    These looks superb!
    Thanks very much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Deanna. Great use of an oval! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your pumpkins are fabulous.
    Super cards.
    Thanks for joining us
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha! Glad you're thinking has cleared now:0) Love your pumpkin cards, perfect ovals, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Deanna, gorgeous pumkins cards, but the second have a fantastic colouring!! a great work perfect for autumn season, in Spain we're still in summer 31oC, in Spain the end of september is know it as "the little summer of St, Maichel", HOT at last.
    A hug from Palma and take care

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.