Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wilderness OLC

 First of all thank you to my friends who follow me and welcome to my new friends who just joined.. It is time for me to play catch up with all the awesome challenges. Okay, first I decided to combine them all into one card.
This card was inspired from our vacation and the beautiful colors of the water. 
This is  white card stock folded in half. Using my Martha Stewart Score Board and made a frame using my old embossing tool I found in the bottom of my toolbox. New favorite tool again. I masked off the center and using Tim Holtz's DI ~Salty Ocean,Tumble Glass and Mowed Lawn. Don't those colors shout fun ~love It! Okay back to the card. All the stamps are from Stampscapes. I stamped the canoe in Staz On Black. Then I masked off over the boat and sponged in the water and then added the grass. Then added the Duo Pines and some background color of green. Then I added some clouds using torn paper and inked around it. Removed masked and stamped sentiment.
 LOVE the simplicity style and LOVE the scenic stamping. So I am combining my passions and see what happens. I always love to find ways to simplify areas of my life~ENJOY!

 The following challenges I would like to enter are:

Less Is More Week # 79 Color Blue Green

One Layer Wednesday 100~ Transportation

Craft A Scene August Anything in the Great Outdoors

CASology week#5 Pond



21 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful scene, framed perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for heaven's sake, Deanna, I thought for sure when I made my canoe card that there would NEVER be another one using a canoe for the transportation challenge at OLW! LOL! Great minds, but in your case, way better talent! Your card looks like a beautiful painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So gorgeous and I love how you framed the pretty scene with scoring! Thanks for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deanna, I love your card too and the verse is beautiful. Thank your for your kind comments on my card. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scene you created. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Deanna,

    With a beautiful summery scene, it looks very effective how you highlighted it with the scoring. It is a wonderful sentiment as well.

    It's lovely to see you at Craft a Scene Challenge again this month, thank you for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great combination of challenges. You've created a beautiful scene with lovely inking and stamping. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow gorgeous card Deanna, I love it. The embossing frames the scene perfectly.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, scenic card! Lovely coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty scene; the perfect thing for blue and green.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning panel, superb inking
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Deanna you make scene building look so easy. It always amazes me how just a couple of stamps and well placed ink can create a masterpiece. Lovely work as usual. Thank you for joining us again this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting on this lovely card!
    What a super scene.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a GORGEOUS scene you've created!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful scene, just lovely. Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deanna, What a beautiful scene! The scoring around it just makes your image pop. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us for the 100th OLW Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way you frmaed your scene with embossed frame, it added such a touch of class!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.