Monday, August 20, 2012

Torn Photoscape

I hope everyone had a great weekend and weather. You can feel fall is in the air. The mornings are dark and the crickets are chirping. Reminds me of this photo(before stamping)I took camping two years ago. It was an August morning and a mist was coming off the water when the sun was coming up. 


The photo was turned into a Photoscape using Stampscapes Stamps and Archival Ink. The finished piece wasn't used because of smudges. I didn't have the heart to throw it out. Less is More had a Tearing Challenge for Week 81. I have never torn a Photoscape or photo on purpose but thought I would give it a try. Distress Ink was added to the torn edges and photo to give a vintage feel. The photo was adhered to a card. I clipped the 2 corners off and added some twine for interest. I just love how it turned out. I think I am now going to pull out all my undesirable creations and see what becomes of them~ENJOY!

 materials:
 Stampscapes ,
Archival Ink and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Twine and card stock

18 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, Deanna. I love how you have captured the light quality. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually like to see whit space, but this sensational!
    What a stunning scene
    So serene and beautiful
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will do better next time to get more white space.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous way to recycle!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is amazing! The photo and how you have enhanced it are wonderful! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo was turned into a Photoscape using Stampscapes Stamps and Archival Ink...how did you do this? Beautiful card...and gorgeous scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is positively breath-taking, Deanna! Really. I love making photo cards and have never thought to tear one, but this one you made, mmmm-mmmm! Another card I would have simply framed as a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing scene, so pretty, Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. You're great at making such a serene scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is gorgeous! The lighting of the scene really gives it atmosphere. Beautiful

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card. I absolutely love it.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Spectacular scene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation ! I love the stamping over a photo and the tearing works perfect with it. Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many apologies for the tardiness of my visit this week, a cruise to Norway intervened somewhat!
    Thanks for your lovely submission...even if there's not a of of white space, it's gorgeous.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. The scene is stunning Deanna, very inspirational indeed, I feel the urge to pick up my Stampscapes.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola Deanna, i hope you're well in healt:D, thank you for your comment i have been on holidays but is very nice to see you in my blog.
    Oooh Deannna, your card is simply AMAZING!!!! absolutely beautiful very peaceful landscape, good work Deanna.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the gorgeous warm colour in this Deanna. I have never tried the Stampscapes on a photo before, I think I will have to give it a go sometime soon, they look so good.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.