Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OLW~PURE INSPIRATION

 One Layer Wednesday Challenge #99 
           PURE INSPIRATION 
Alternate sample without sentiment :)
     
I really loved this Challenge over at Simplicity with Susan this week. She gave us a link to her Pinterest Pure Inspiration Board to find something inspiring. I picked a key board. I went outside my usual comfort zone and pick something bold and graphic. I think it turned out pretty good after 6 trials. I dislike sentiments lately I can't line them up even with a grid block....lol. Great Challenge and I was able to use a gift stamp set I have had for while~ENJOY!


 Recipe:
White Card Stock folded in half
Memento Ink: Bamboo Leaves and Tuxedo Black
Inkadinkado Clear Stamp Set - Bold Damask

12 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful! Love the bold colors and graphic design, Deanna. And it works with our without the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job, Deanna! I have to say, I do like it better with the sentiment. Have you ever used the Stamp-a-ma-jig from Stampin' Up? It works for me better than the grid lines do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried that. I will have to get one. Thanks Darnell!

      Delete
  3. Perfectly executed...even it it did take more than one or two tries! I do that all the time myself! LOL!! Beautiful colors! As for getting the sentiment straight. I've started using the fiskars stamping press...

    http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Crafting/Stamping/Stamping-Tools-and-Accessories/Easy-Stamp-Press

    With this thing you can see the entire card and press it down just where you want it...I LOVE mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, Definitely will get one and will save some grief and a tree..lol

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, fab colour combo.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I agree with Darnell I prefer the one with the sentiment. It has more interest, not so balanced. Good advise too!

    http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Crafting/Stamping/Stamping-Tools-and-Accessories/Easy-Stamp-Press

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, love the way you have used the two colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Love the design and colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deanna, Fabulous bold and beautiful, I love this card, with the sentiment for me:0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it- really stood out in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful. Simple, clean, and pretty card. Loving the design too. It's attractive.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.