Monday, July 16, 2012

Singing Praises Everyday!

Good Morning Bloggers! Sorry I have not posted for a while been waiting for all my test to come back and haven't had much creative energy to create. But first of all Thank you for all your support during this waiting period. I can not begin to express my gratitude. I was very humbled by the generosity ~Thank You from the bottom of my heart!  My test came back negative for a brain tumor(Praise God!). I only have extensive nerve damage left from my second bout of Bells Palsy. Of course I am the lucky one who is 4% of the population that gets this for a second time and will continue to get it more often. Glad this was just an unexpected hiccup and praying this next mountain will only be mole hill on the 23rd. I Thank God for this trial and am blessed by this experience!

BEWARE!! this will be a long post I have some catching up to do so please be patient with me. Been busy this weekend catching up on the challenges..WOW. So here it goes.





This  OLC is for Create a Scene:Inside the garden
I love garden weddings near the water. There is something about it that is so romantic. I don't know if it's the couple starting a new journey or the setting of the garden with the arch framing the lake. Stamps -Art Impression, Studio 112 and Stampscapes. The scene was stamped in Black Archival ink and  Tim Holtz distress ink.


This Card is for the challenge at For Your Inspiration Challenge # 33  this was the lovely picture they gave as your inspiration. I love the rich colors of the greens and blue tones. I love structural details of the arches on the gazebo. It reminded me of the garden arches that I have seen for weddings like the one in the previous picture. I bought this stamp set last year on vacation and didn't know how to use it. This picture gave me the inspiration to try and found that I love this new stamp set. Since I love stampscapes modular system this seem natural to use. I water colored this picture using 140lb cold press watercolor paper, Tim Holtz seasonal Distress Ink and Art impression stamps. The arbor trees framed in the gazebo so I added a frame around my arch.


This OLC is for  One Layer Wednesdays:OLW#96 Birthday Blings
This is a one layer card stamped in Black Archival ink. The stamp is from Studio 112. I love cupcakes and butter cream frosting. I fell in love with this stamp. Now the craze is cupcakes for birthdays, graduation and weddings with a  small cake for the bide and groom. when I worked I would make cupcakes and bring them into work (before I was married and had kids eons ago) I remember one of the Dr's saying aren't we a little to old to be making cupcakes. Well! This stamp explains it all..lol I embossed this with Oval spellbinder and added bling from gems that I have no idea were they came from. They showed up on my desk one day. The inside says: you can have your cake and eat it too life is short Happy Birthday!

Final Card Challenge is from  Less Is More Challenge #76 One Layer~3 of Anything 
While trying to beat the 95-100' temps we have been watching movies in the air conditioning. This card was inspired by the movie" Sabrina" it was a remake with Harrison Ford. The guys would call it a chick flick and yep it is! My daughter and I watch it and dream of someday going to Paris. She is taking French class and is hoping they go there for school of course she will need a chaperon and I gladly volunteer...lol. I used 3 stamps and 3 different  inks. The stamps were Tim Holtz (Script), Studio 112(sentiment) and Stampabilities(Eiffel Tower). The Inks were Tim Holtz Distress Black Soot, Red Staz On and Black Archival.






30 comments:

  1. Wow! Welcome back Deanna and I am thankful that you got such good news despite your recent trials. Lovely work with the Art Impressions stamps. Thank you for joining us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deanna, saw your card on the LIM challenge and just thought I would stop by to say hi and its great to see you about again. In fact, I was thinking about you this morning wondering how you were getting on and pondering whether to send a message and here you are! Wow, you have been busy creating all these lovely cards! God bless you. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of bling on the cupcake--that's a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your cards and glad to hear that your results are not as bad as you feared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, first of all, such good news about the test result! May good news continue for you and I pray the Bells lessons. You're an inspiration! And I love your yummy blingy cupcake card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment on my card. Your card is beautyful aswell, and I love your inside the garden card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanna, fantastic news about your test result. WOW what a great collection of cards, I love them all. Less that three weeks ago i was enjoying your wonderful warm temps, then I had to return home, and I don't think it's stopped raining since we got home.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Paris images... I hope you get there one day, it's a beautiful city!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deanna, your cards are all fabulous! I especially love the Paris card for the LIM challenge...so classy! (I loved that movie, too...a great chick flick!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All such beautiful cards! Love the Garden scene...just gorgeous! And the blingy cupcake is so bright and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deanna, your card is just beautiful, a wonderful design and oh so pretty. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Craft a Scene challenge blog.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, I especially like the creation for craft a scene and for your inspiration. Great work ! I'm sure you are happy with your good test results, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your cards are beautiful! I am very much taken by the first one, the beach wedding. I hope one day....
    Your cupcake card is just great , but hey, it is a cupcake, so I would love it anyway.
    Your LIM card is great! I love this. I like it that you show the rest of the trials aswell.

    I am very glad your tests came back negative. Hope the rest of the journey will without hickups.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deanna. I am glad to hear you got some good news, it must have been so hard waiting for those results. I love your garden wedding scene, great idea for the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever Deanna! I love the Eiffel Tower stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola Deanna, CONGRATULATIONS!!!for your good news about your test result.
    Fantastic cards Deanna i love your garden arches, beautiful colouring, very bright cards, gorgeous!!!.your cupcake is a yummy card:d and the set cards for LIM are trés jolies, beautiful desing, well done Deanna and welcome.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Deanna! Great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely amazing creations! LOVE the scenes you've created--and your Paris cards are fabulous! I hope that your health continues to improve--hugs and prayers to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Deanna on your good news. Love the card and the wonderful images!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back and extremely happy about your fantastic test results! Your cards are absoluty brilliant so bright and cheerful! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous LIM card
    SO glad you got a good result
    Onwards and upwards
    Take card
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, Deanna! I especially like the wedding card. The scene reminds me of my daughter's wedding. Glad your test results were good. Best wishes on a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous news Deanna, I so glad it turned out well:0) I'm loving your cards here today, the LIM one is particularly beautiful, hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOve the card with the arbor, they are all nice. So glad to hear about your test results!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are gorgeous cards! I'm amazed by your coloring on the two first ones! The cupcake card has a really sweet design, with lots of white space - I love that look. And the Paris cards are so fab. I love Paris, and the Eiffel Tower is such a decorative structure, and in my opinion the script behind it adds to the french look!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your projects are beautiful~each and every one. I'm so glad about your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards and the garden wedding one is divine. Paris, wow, one day I really want to go there. One day to see the wonderful other side of the world and this card is one of my favourites...love annie

    ReplyDelete
  28. What good news! Happy for you that the results are good.
    All your cards are fabulous but I love especially The "Paris" card.
    She is so charming.

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful and elgant cards. Glad tests are negative. Praise the Lord. Thanks so much for visiting and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. very elegant, love to lift this

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.