Friday, July 27, 2012

OLC Summer Days




What great Challenges
The theme is summer. We live close to the water and there are various light houses in our state. The beaches are just gorgeous. The best time is going early morning to sit on the beach and watch the sunrise. This card is white card stock folded in half and masked off. I Stamped the light house scene from Inkadinkado first. I masked it and added the clouds/water from Stampscapes. I sketched in some little details with gel pens. I added a silver lining in the clouds for whimsical affect. I stamped the sentiment from Stampabilities,distressed around it and stamped the gulls from Stampscapes last. I used various colors from Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Collection and Archival Ink. I wanted the detail to show so I took one pic standing up with the card open and light stream through it. But you couldn't see the sparkle so I laid it flat on the dark table so you can see the glistening affect. It's amazing how the colors now look so different oh well~ENJOY!

Card Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. A fab card, Deanna! I love the way you have coloured it. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, okay, this is a miniature oil painting from where I'm sitting, not a OLC! Holy cow, Deanna! Another great showing of your extraordinary talent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Darnell Your funny..lol Thanks:)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous Deanna, I too think it looks like an oil painting - wow! It doesn't look like a one layer card either, great job fooling us :) it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is simply beautiful! I have to agree with Darnell (but don't tell her - it'll go to her head!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Deanna,
    you have very nice cards,I think they are beautiful....sorry but my english are not so good...
    thank you for our nice comment on my blog.

    hugs anne2411

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna, Your card is gorgeous! What great color and detail in your water and clouds. I'm glad you played along this week with the OLW Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanna, this card is so beautiful, love everything. perfect scene. Thanks for the visit and sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet and nice sentiment you got there on your card. i feel so inspired! What a beautiful card indeed. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.