Tuesday, June 5, 2012

One Layer Beach Silhouette

Good morning, hope all is well with everyone. I've been making one layer cards in between raindrops. I have learned you have to plan your scene or one mistake can be difficult to cover to maintain one layer. I forgot to mention that the silhouette was a little boy at first. So  I added some "puff sleeves"(like Anne Shirley on A of Green Gables)...lol. I flared his pants and added more hair and whoa la A Girl! ~ENJOY!
                           Card Challenge:
        Craft a Scene June Challenge: Beach Scene sand & water   
        Bloggers Challenge :One layer Card - Blog Hop

Supplies:  
Stamps: Stampscapes~Cumulus Cloud, Seaside Cove,gulls
              Inkadinkado: Down by Seaside
              Sunnyside Stamps: pail and shovel(sand hill I masked out the pail)
Color: Distress Ink, Archival, Prisma pencils,Gel pens, Illustration pen
Paper: Staples Brand Card stock

* One Layer Cards are just card stock folded in half with design stamped or printed directly to card, no added layers and minimal embellishments.


17 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card,I think you managed to do a great job on one layer. And the coloring is superb too.
    Good luck and thanks for joining Craft a Scene challenge.
    Hugs
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Deanna! That is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous Deanna! Love that silhouette stamp that you used and the beach and water looks wonderful. Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! this is stunning!! absolutely gorgeous!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.
    WOW.
    I can fill the whole comment page with this one word. Absolutely fantastic Deanna! Would have loved a close up of your fab card....simply exquisite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your reaction! Your LIM -card is great! I 've seen your other cards and I like them very much!
    Greetings, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully composed! I feel like I am at he beach when I look at your card. Thanks for dropping by my blog today and for your kind words. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deanna,

    Your beach card is gorgeous! Your use of light is wonderful and I love the sky. Thank you so much for stopping to visit me at Craft-A-Scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beach scene, which I was there!!! Sentiment is perfect
    too!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beach scene, which I was there!!! Sentiment is perfect
    too!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the colors on this card Deanna. Everything came together so nicely and you would never know that the silhouette image wasn't a real stamp. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    P.S. when you are recovered at the end of July - let's talk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful scene........more like a painting than a card.........Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, love the scene you created so gorgeous. Love that you made the little boy into a girl LOL! Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful scene you created! Wonderful alteration of the silhouette!thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, the scene is gorgeous, it is stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! A masterclass in one-layer-cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous image! I wasn't sure at first if you had stamped onto a photo of sea & sand, so your colouring is awesome. Great entry at Craft a Scene, Shaz

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.