Friday, June 1, 2012

One Layer Wednesday Challenge #90~Dudes Rule

 I made this for my husband from the kids for fathers day. whew! Road trips tend to be interesting when you have teenagers in the car. And yet he gets us there safely with all the distractions. The sentiment inside says "are we there yet?" This is a one layer card with matching envelope. The paint on the VW bus is suppose to seem old and chipped(distressed)..lol oh well-ENJOY!

Card Challenge:
OLW #90 Dudes Rule at Simplicity
Supplies:
Inkadinkado Stamps Road Trip
Ink: Staz on, Distress Tumble Glass
Card Stock: staples
Prismacolor pencils

11 comments:

  1. Reminds me of an old VW van we had for years and did quite a bit of traveling with the kids! Fun memories...bet your hubby loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Deanna! I think everyone can relate and how true that dad drivers don't get enough appreciation for keeping the vehicle on the road and to the destination and back again, considering all the chaos around them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Deanna, beautiful and funny card, remind me the mistery machine of Scooby doo, the favourite cartoons of my son:D, well done.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really cute, love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card! I love the image. A friend of mine has a VW van and they travel everywhere in it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deanna, great card, the van looks just like the one the lady has at the back of our place...mind you keeps breaking down...but love the 'old' look you have given it...Joined your blog as a follow member...thanks for commenting on my LIM card...♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, Deanna, and like the matching envelope. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deanna, What a great "Dude" card! I know your husband will adore it! Thanks for playing along with the One-Layer Wednesday challenge last week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother, Mike had a VW van like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omygosh! The sentiment on the inside is priceless!!!! AS is the design on the outside. Awesome card, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.