Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Organizing Spellbinders and Die Cuts

As promised I have found another solution for storing dies and Spellbinders. My objectives were to have my supplies portable, stored in one place and samples of each. The process was long but well worth the effort. I don't want to do this again, but I have a solid  system in place.

1. Sizzix/Cuttlebug Dies samples were made on index cards. I numbered each die and place that number on the sample along with manufacture and die name. Samples were sealed with clear contact paper. The dies are stored in a
clear tote with embossing folders and machines plates.

2. Spellbinders samples were made from card stock. I store my dies in a letter file box with handle. I found this  at a local office supply store. I labeled each  section in the box by categories. Then on the sample I put not only the name of the die but the category in which it's stored in-WONDERFUL Some small pieces are stored in baggies in the category. Grand Dies are stored in tote with plates.

In the beginning I wrote how I want my "studio"  inspirational for me and to keep it not only functional but a cabin  feel. My grandmother's rocker is in the corner with my great grandmother's wash tub she used on the farm next to it. In the copper tub I store my Grand Calibur,Cuttlebug Machine, tote with everything on the bottom and letter box. Everything is kept together but hid out of site. The samples  are kept on a hook at my table. All the objectives were met. I have found when organizing I need to write down objectives for the space and keep it simple to maintain-ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.